It’s easy to create a delightful, naturally orange scented candle.
This candle requires you to have some essential oil of orange.
We do not add real orange to the candle. Instead, we create what appears to be “orange peel” as you will soon learn.
Supplies Needed To Make Orange Candles
- Jam jar
- Primed wicks
- Double boiler
- Kitchen scale
- A block of orange wax
- Pencil, chopstick or wicking needle
- Make a block of orange wax in advance or simply buy one.
- Grate the orange block using a grater of some kind like a cheese grater.
- Once grated, freeze the grated wax. This is done because this helps the grated wax to retain its shape once the hot wax is poured over it.
- If any ice gets into the wax, then it will create an ice pocket just as described in the ice candle recipe.
- Get your wick ready.
- You will need to cut your wick to an appropriate height based on the height of the jam jar and how much wax you will be adding to the jam jar. The wick should be approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) longer than the your candle will be high.
- Now that your wick is ready to go, secure it with your wicking needle, pencil, chopstick, etc.
- Once secure, pour a little melted wax into the bottom help secure the wick to the bottom of the jam jar.
- Add the grated orange wax to the jam jar. Do not fill the jam jar all the way to the top with the grated orange. It’s important to leave room for the wax to be added.
- Carefully pour your orange scented melted wax into the jam jar.
- Let cool.