This is one of my favourite candles. I absolutely love the smell of cinnamon.
There are a few ways you can make this candle. Regardless of you make it, you are going to want to use some essential oil of cinnamon.
The amount of essential oil you add to your candle will depend on the size of your candle, how much you like the smell of cinnamon, the quality of your essential oils, etc. For the most part, you only need a few drops. You may need to make the candle a few times to determine how many drops is right for you.
Supplies Needed For Making Cinnamon Candles
- Primed wicks
- Double boiler
- Kitchen scale
- Cinnamon sticks
- Jam jar or mould
- Essential oil of cinnamon
- Pencil, chopstick or wicking needle
Cinnamon Candle Method 1
Using A Mould
- Simply follow the steps to make a single color candle as described on the single color candle page.
- Add the drops of the essential oil to the wax before pouring.
- Pretty simple huh!
Cinnamon Candle Method 2
Using A Jam Jar – Step 1
- Get your wick ready.
- You will need to cut your wick to an appropriate height based on the height of the jam jar and how much wax you will be adding to the jam jar. The wick should be approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) longer than the your candle will be high.
- Get your cinnamon sticks and cut them so they fit into your jam jar. Cut them to a height that you like.
- Next place them into your jam jar one at a time.
- If needed, you can tape the tops of the cinnamon sticks to hold them in place until you pour the wax.
- Now that your cinnamon sticks are in place, place the wick into the jar and secure it with your wicking needle.
- Once secure, pour a little melted wax into the bottom help secure the wick to the bottom of the jam jar. This also helps to keep the cinnamon sticks in place
- Melt your stearin, wax and any dye. Remember to add your essential oil to the wax.
- Carefully pour your cinnamon scented melted wax into the jam jar.
- Let cool.